Support Cancer Patients
Fatima Old Age Home receives several heart-wrenching appeals for help every single day.
We try our very best to help poor cancer patients through treatment at our frequent OPDs across India, and also through our Central Drug Repository.
But, we are dependent on your help and support for patients who have no funds to seek treatment and palliative care.
Help us to fund their treatments by contributing as little as a dollar, or a hundred rupee because every bit counts.
Give some poor patient a shot at healing!
The Projected incidence of Patients with cancer in India among males was 679,421 (94.1% per 100,000) and among females 712,758(103.6 per 100,000) for the year 2020. One in 68 males (lung Cancer), 1 in 29 females (breast cancer), and 1 in 9 Indians will develop cancer during their lifetime(0-74 years of age).
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES & AIMS OF THE FOUNDATION:
- To subsidize the mammoth cost of treatment of cancer for needy and poor patients and raise funds for the same.
- To help early detection of cancer and to raise funds for awareness-building and advocacy campaigns aimed at encouraging both rural and urban Indians to be at ease with discussing their bodies, so that early detection can give them a chance of complete recovery.
- To set up detection centers, hospitals, nuclear science and pathological labs, and radiation/ chemotherapy centers in rural and urban areas for the treatment of breast and other cancer patients and to raise funds for the same.
- To convince pharmaceutical companies to provide drugs for breast cancer treatment at concessional rates/free of charge for poor and needy patients of all forms of cancer.
- To intensify public-private participation in order to achieve maximum outreach to the poorest patients of all forms of cancer across India.
- A patient diagnosed with Belly cancer. For his lavatory, he uses diapers and urine bags which have to be changed frequently.
- The patient was diagnosed with TB in his Neck. Due to which he can’t nod his head or turn his face either. He has only a daughter and son.
- A patient from Dharmapuri village was diagnosed with a knee issue. He is not flexible to work.
- The patient from Hyderabad is an 11yrs old boy going through a Brain Tumor, gone under 4surgeries so far now is a risk of other surgery.
- Patient 70yrs Prostate Cancer.
- A patient has Bone Marrow cancer.